This past weekend, we hosted an open house, like we do most weekends. However, this open house featured freshly baked Valentine’s chocolate chip cookies baked by our Office Administrator, Laura. These were a big hit with the people who walked in.
Here is Laura’s recipe (adapted from Company’s Coming).
1 cup soft salted butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt (I usually forgo this ingredient unless I use unsalted butter)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup Smarties Valentine’s edition
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together butter and brown sugar
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or a paddle attachment if you have a stand mixer.
- Once combined, add chocolate chips and Smarties and continue mixing.
- Use a tablespoon or a batter scoop to drop cookie dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.